We are accepting applications for the July 2017-June 2018 cohort contingent upon funding from NIH. Applications will be available online starting August 15, 2016 and will be due December 1, 2016.
In order to apply for the program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a citizen of the United States or a permanent resident or be a citizen of one of our collaborating countries (India, Thailand, Ghana, Cameroon, Uganda, Kenya, Peru)
- You should be currently enrolled in an advanced degree or training program (T32 fellowship or medical residency program) or have completed an advanced degree within the last three academic years.
- Have availability to dedicate at least 36 hours per week to research for 12-months at the fellowship site.
Please note: we accept applications from individuals from non-consortium US institutions. However, we only accept applications from LMIC individuals from institutions affiliated within the consortium. For a list of affiliated institutions, please review the country pages of our website. For additional information, please contact Nicole Hobbs.
If you meet our qualifications, you are welcome to apply to our program. A complete application includes:
- Online application (including names of mentors, research plan, and statement of purpose).
- Minimum of 2 letters of recommendation and a maximum of 3 letters. One letter should be from a collaborator at the training site.
You are welcome to propose your own research project or to integrate into a project of an affiliated mentor. We encourage you to review our mentors listed in the database to discover projects that might fit your interests. If you would like additional assistance developing a project idea, please contact Nicole Hobbs.
We accept applications for research from a variety of disciplines, but have the highest funding need for projects examining:
- Mental Health
- Women’s Health
- Maternal/Child Health
- Cardiovascular & Blood Disease Disorders
*Please note, these are only priority areas. Other areas of research will still be funded.