For mentor contact information please email Lynsey Tafreshi at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mentorship Compact
- Mentor Encounter Form
- Makerere Mentorship Committee Presentation
- Integration and Institutionalization of Mentorship Training
- Powerpoint: Inadomi – Mentoring ABC’s.
- Shah et al. Clinical Research and Global Health: Mentoring the next generation of health care students. Global Public Health 2010; 1-13.
- HHMI Chapter 5 Mentoring and Being Mentored
In the spring of 2013, we created a Mentorship Development program to institutionalize mentorship in LMIC countries. The program includes workshops, readings and online resources, and regional conversations about culturally relevant mentorship. The primary objective of the program is to provide junior faculty and post-doctoral trainees with skills and knowledge to develop into mentors.
Our first “Mentoring the Mentors” workshops were hosted in Kenya and Peru in the early summer of 2013 and provided nearly 65 mentors with training on the fundamentals of global health mentorship. The agenda and resources from the meetings are posted below.
- Kenya ‘Mentoring the Mentors’ Workshop
June 17-18, 2013
Number of Participants: 25
Kenya Mentorship Notes
- Peru ‘Mentoring the Mentors’ Workshop
May 23-24, 2013
Number of Participants: 40
These Fogarty alumni went on to encourage mentorship at their institutions through the Clayton-Dedonder Global Health Fellows Program in 2013-2014.
Learn more about what Fellows are doing in Peru to institutionalize mentorship.