Liberia is a new addition to our collaborating partners. Current ongoing projects include several prevalence studies around Ebola, Lassa virus, and Salmonella spp. Other Ebola-related studies are focused on the following: 1) epidemiology and immunity to Ebola Virus and other Emerging Viral Infections in Liberia, and 2) the role of social, cultural and environmental factors in improving Ebola Virus Disease response and resilience.
University of Liberia
The University of Liberia was founded in 1862 as Liberia College and became a full University in 1951. It is a public institution funded mainly by the Government of Liberia. The University now has four campuses: Capitol Hill, Fendall, Medical School Fendall, and Starz-Sinji campus located in Sinji, Grand Cape Mount County.
Please contact us (email@example.com) for more information on mentors.
- Serological evidence for the presence of Lassa virus in companion dogs in rural areas of Liberia
- Serological evidence of Ebola virus exposure in dogs from affected communities in Liberia
- Assess the prevalence of Salmonella spp., an important foodborne illness agent, in Monrovia, Liberia
- Epidemiology and immunity to Ebola Virus and other Emerging Viral Infections in Liberia
- The role of social, cultural and environmental factors in improving Ebola Virus Disease response and resilience in Liberia
For a list of projects in Liberia: click here
Current Fogarty Trainees
Past Fogarty Trainees